|Feature/functionality||New or Updated|
|Hyper-V module for Windows PowerShell||New|
|Importing of virtual machines||Updated|
|Significantly increased scale and improved resiliency||Updated|
|Storage on SMB2 file shares||New|
|Virtual Fibre Channel||New|
|Virtual hard disk format||Updated|
|Virtual machine snapshots||Updated|
- The virtual machine is being restarted.
- There is no available physical memory.
- No memory can be reclaimed from other virtual machines running on the host.
- NDIS filter drivers are used to monitor or modify network packets in Windows.
- WFP callout drivers allow independent software vendors (ISVs) to create drivers to filter and modify TCP/IP packets, monitor or authorize connections, filter IP security (IPsec)-protected traffic, and filter remote procedure calls (RPCs).
- Virtual machine (VM) Chimney, also called TCP Offload, has been removed. The TCP chimney will not be available to guest operating systems.
- The WMI root\virtualization namespace is deprecated. The new namespace is root\virtualization\v2.
- Windows Authorization Manager (AzMan) is deprecated. You may need to use new management tools for virtual machines or redesign the authorization model you use.